Thursday, May 19, 2011

Humidity.day1

the view from our deck.
The humidity was insane! My high altitude & dry air body definitely did not like the humidity, ha ha! Well everybody, we just finished our first day in Costa Rica! I am in awe of this country. It is absolutely beautiful with its tropical trees & colorful flowers, but THE most beautiful thing about this country are the people. Despite the humidity, I have fallen in love!


muy bonita!
This morning we started out at a private university just down the railroad tracks from us (yes, there is a train track right out front of our casa & trains drive through every 20 min. I might be exaggerating, but it sure feels like it! ha ha), & we spent time hanging out with university students. Nate & I were in a group with the missionary we're working with, Josh Amiot, & we met a beautiful young lady & her boyfriend. We had a fantastic conversation with them; we got to know them & now I consider them my friends. Right before we left, Lauren & I met these awesome Costa Rica students sitting by the railroad tracks. They were so friendly & I couldn't believe how open people were with talking with us. My Spanish is a little rough, but it's coming along! My whole team is picking up on it quickly & it's so much fun to start thinking in a different language. It's beautiful! After going to the private university we walked a couple blocks to eat lunch; every building here in Costa Rica has graffiti & I really like it! It's actually really neat & interesting to look at.

only some of the sick graffiti.

this is on the UCR campus!
playin' frisbee

I'm trying to keep this short & sweet because I'm using my friend Lauren's computer, so I apologize for being so vague! After lunch we walked to the University of Costa Rica & walked ALL around the campus! It was absolutely gorgeous; I wish I could describe it, but it's far too difficult! They have bambooooo & these huge trees! Hopefully my photos will load tonight! We ended up at the futbol (soccer) field on campus & started playing frisbee. Lauren & I ended up asking a young man & young girl (who were dating) if they wanted to play. They didn't speak English so it was difficult to explain what we were playing, but thank God for a translator right?! The young girl who played with us was so beautiful. I want to tell you her name, but I can't spell it, ha ha, but trust me, it's a gorgeous name! After playing for awhile, these two other guys ended up joining us & seriously, I have never had so much fun photographing people as I did in this moment.



soaked by the rain.
Then, out of nowhere it started to POUR rain. I'm not kidding. . .that is not an understatement! It was so rad because the rain was so warm. We ended our night watching Taylor's (Josh, the missionary's son) soccer game. These kids are epic; they are amazing at soccer & I couldn't believe how young they were! For dinner Josh showed us this pizza place with the best pizza I have ever eaten. The owners are Christians & they serve this supreme pizza that consists of meat, tomatoes, & lime! Delicioso! You wouldn't think so, but I promise it was! We're back at the house right now & we are so exhausted, but it was an amazing day. I see Jesus in these people here & in the conversations we've had with students already! God is at work here in this country & I'm so thrilled to share it with you! Thank you for your prayers.

Te amo, 
Abigail
Tomeka & I


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
-Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment